Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!! The term will soon be over and I don't feel that I have done as well as I have in past terms. I can't change the past weeks,but I can start new today and do my very best to improve in these last days. It's funny how much one day can change your outlook. I just recently celebrated my 29th birthday. Everyone kept telling me"next year will be the big one, 30 how will you feel than?", I just responded by telling them that age is just a number and its not the number of accomplishments or awards, but the way one lives. My sister for example dreaded her 30th birthday, claiming that she had not done all that she wanted to before she was 30. My husband felt the same way, that because he had not accomplished a certain number of things before 30, after 30 those things could not be accomplished. I disagree, ones age does not determine what one accomplishes. We are human beings, capable of doing anything at any age. If my sister and husband are right, than I never want to grow old. My great grandmother shared my thinking, she was active until her death at 95 years of age. Although she walked a little slower, she kept on living and belieiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment