Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hello all, I am thinking about writing about premature birth. Which may include preventions and causes. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I like the topic since my daughter was born premature, but the only thing that I think might be hard about this topic is that you have to argue one side or another, I think. So how would you do that with this topic? Just a question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing. I would have to do some research and find a topic within the topic. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this topic Emily because my daughter was also premature by 3 weeks and weighed in at 4lbs 3oz. She appeared fine at the time but it later turned out that she was born with a hearing impairment. I think this would be a great topic because you can research about the testing that is and should be done on premature babies maybe if hey would have checked her hearing it might have been caught before she was 5. Good luck on your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily this is a very good topic. My son was born premature and my wife was 38 when we had him. The fluid around the placenta was "drying up" so we had to go get that monitored 2-3 times a week. The doctor's concern was the development of his lungs. We were advised at the time that we should consider abortion because of my wife's age and the condition she was having that it could possibly cause my son to have many different deficencies after he was born. Well I am very thankful and greatful to say that my son has no physical or mental deficencies, he is a healthy 5 foot 10 inches 11 year old boy, yes, 11 years old. He is huge and healthy thank God. Maybe you can write about the health issues that premature babies have to face and/or overcome? Hope I helped just a little bit. Where do you get your inspirational quotes from they ARE very nice. :o) And please excuse me if I may have come across too graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments regarding the possible topic choice. My daughter was born 3 months premature and weighed 2 lb. so this topic is close to my heart. Thanks again for posting your stories. :0)

    ReplyDelete